We are from the construction and civil engineering senior staff association (CCESSA) here in Nigeria, based on this year International Women’s day on empowering women to take leadership role in the union, we want to dwell on some few points as the followings.
1. We need to talk about finance as women need financing of their programs and activities
2. Women should be given more responsibilities by sticking to the 30% affirmative action for women and doing more by allocating higher positions to women in the union
3. Women rights should be protected against any form of victimization and harassment in the union, workplace and the environment at large.
4. Women should be given fair and equal treatment in terms of remuneration, provide decent/conducive environment for them to carry out their duties and responsibilities.
5. Most importantly if we are given this responsibility, we need our leaders in the union and top management in our various workplace to believe in our potentials by giving us women the moral support to enable us succeed in our schedule of responsibilities effectively without any complain.
On this note, on behalf of all the women of our great union CCESSA we want to say happy international Women’s day to all the women of the world.
GBOSA! GBOSA!! GBOSA!!!